It is an app world and 2.1 is here
We are very excited to announce the availability of TVersity Media Server version 2.1. The 2.x versions (2.0 and 2.1 so far) bring a number of notable improvements under the hood, while making no GUI changes. Of most interest is the complete rewrite of our real-time transcoding engine with the following main benefits over the previous implementation:
- It works correctly disregarding the codec pack installed and even when codec hell is prevalent on the system.
- It can now utilize Windows Foundation codecs and demuxers and not just DirectShow (Windows 7 only).
- It now converts only audio or only video when possible, thus requiiring less system resources and maintaining the original quality of the source materials.
- It chooses the most appropriate audio language (for MKV and DIVX) when multiple audio tracks exist with different languages and the most appropriate subtitle language (for MKV) when multiple subtitle languages exist.
- It takes into account the system capabilities when determing transcoding paramters by executing a transcodng benchmark the first time the software runs after an installation.