Some fixes for Version 0.9.9 are now available
We are glad to announce the availability of the TVersity Media Server V0.9.9.2. This bug fix release also includes a few enhancements that are intended mainly for Xbox 360 users but may prove valuable for others as well.
Here are the main changes:
- Better support for YouTube RSS feeds
- Support for non Latin1 or UTF8 RSS feeds
- Add support for transcoding audio to PCM
- Eliminate display artifacts with the Xbox 360 by adjusting the video resolution when transcoding to WMV to allow upscaling to 720p or 1080p using integer multiplication
- Both 16:9 and 4:3 DVDs are now displayed correctly (we now take into account non square pixels and convert them to square ones)
- Lower CPU consumption when transcoding to WMV is now possible on fast machines when the "Disable decoding clock" on the transcoder section of the settings tab is turned off
- Added a new index for songs: "Release Year / Artist / Album"
- List under the "Song" folder of the Xbox 360 all audio URLs as well as all local audio files, this way it is no longer necessary to place URLs inside playlists to see them on the 360 menus
- Add support for long title strings, which are essentially titles that include the name of their parents. This is to allow users of the Xbox 360 to navigate their long list of videos. This feature is turned off by default since devices other than the Xbox 360 do not need it. When turning it on (from the settings tab in the GUI) one needs to reconstruct the media library for this to take effect
- Better compatibility with Windows Vista UAC
- Fix issues related to premature termination when transcoding to WMV (this should solve the famous termination problem with the Xbox 360)
- Add support for short URLs, this will allow devices that trim long URLs (like the Xbox 360 and the Sony PSP) to accept content from TVersity disregarding the length of the URL of that content
You can download the new version here.